What you need to know

What do I need to know as a Landlord / Agent?

In order to be awarded accreditation status, alongside other requirements, landlords or agents are required to undergo specialist training and development, either face to face, online or a combination of the two. Accreditation can also often involve continuing professional development.

You will attend a one-day seminar to learn about best practice for landlords, housing legislation, and what is expected of you. You must also sign a legal declaration to say you are a fit and proper person to be a landlord.


In order to become a RwC accredited landlord you will need to:

  1. Complete the online application form
  2. Complete “landlord fit and proper declaration”
  3. Complete the landlord accreditation training
  4. Pass a property health check (only a percentage of the stock will be checked)
  5. Commit to the code of conduct and agree terms and conditions
  6. Agree to listing your name on a public register of RwC accredited landlords

This scheme and the approach will significantly contribute towards driving up the standards in the PRS in Wolverhampton.

If you need further advice please contact us:

Contact us