Sample fit and proper person declaration
I declare that I am a fit and proper person to be accredited in that neither I, nor any person associated or formerly associated with me, have any unspent convictions that are relevant to my application and in particular:
- Any offence involving fraud or other dishonesty, or violence or drugs or any offence listed in Schedule 3 to the Sexual Offences Act 2003;
- Any unlawful discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, race, ethnic or national origins or disability in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business; and
- Contravention of any provision of the law relating to housing or of landlord and tenant law; (including any civil proceedings that you have lost).
And that during the last five years neither I, nor any person associated or formerly associated with me, have:
- Been in control of any property subject to a control order under S379 of the Housing Act 1985;
- Been refused a licence or had a licence removed for any property in relation to HMO, additional or selective licensing under the Housing Act 2004;
- Been found to have breached a condition on a licence for any property in relation to HMO, additional or selective licensing under the Housing Act 2004;
- Been found by a local authority to have acted otherwise than in accordance with any Code of Practice approved under Section 233 of the Housing Act 2004;
- Been in control of any property that has been the subject of any proceedings by a local authority (such as breaches of the Environmental Protection Act, planning control of compulsory purchase proceedings.);
- Been in control of any property on which the local authority has carried out work in default; or
- Been in control of any property, which has been the subject of an interim or final management order or a special interim management order under the Housing Act 2004.
Note: If any of the issues detailed, under the fit and proper person declaration, cannot be satisfied, you will need to contact us RwC@wolverhampton.gov.uk providing brief information about any relevant issues. We will contact you to discuss your application. The existence of such an issue may not prevent you becoming accredited.